Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Snow in the Mountains

Well, as the Twin Cities have been enjoying some very warm weather lately the weather here in Missoula has been cooling off. The culmination of that happened yesterday when it rained here in the valley but snowed heavily above 5000ft and dusted in other places. Here's a shot of what the hills around our duplex looked like this morning with their powdered sugar on them!

We hear on the news that the passes got some good snow. So we'll look forward to another Saturday of skiing. Maybe it wil be as warm as last weekend! Last Saturday I got so warm out there skiing that I skied half the day in a tank top:

We've also been exploring the running routes from our duplex. We've found a great 3 1/2 mile circular route that runs along a creek in the woods for a while. It's faily flat compared to most of the routes around here. I only run to try to stay in shape, I would not say that I like it. Erik's a natural born runner so he usually runs a few more feet than I do because he's sometimes running back and forth while I'm plodding up a hill. (the mantra " I think I can" is actually pretty good to run up hill to). I'll try to add a couple pictures of our running trail in the woods as soon as the weather clears up a bit.

That's all for now from Missoula.


1 comment:

tlcm said...

You look like me in Texas with that Tank top on...minus the snow and ski's!