Friday, August 17, 2007

More camping!

Do you ever get sick of hearing about all the camping and hiking we do?? I hope not because it is the most interesting stuff we do right now out here! We have been stuck indoors most of the time now with all the fires in the area causing dangerous air quality. So hopefully this weekend we're going to norther Idaho where there is no smoke, we hope any way!
But now to back up just a bit, I am almost caught up with the past adventures. Going back to July 14 and 15 when I was working Erik went on an overnight backpacking trip by himself. Again the temps in Missoula were over 100 and since I work nights and would be sleeping during the day he just wanted to get somewhere cooler where he didn't have to be quiet. So he went back to the Anaconda-Pintler area and did a good loop but he was a little diappointed when he didn't pop out above tree line so he didn't reall get any "grand" views. Anywhere in the wilderness is a great view if you ask me! Oh, and I tried to get him to post but he thinks I do a better job at it! Here's some pics from his trip: (i'm glad he labeled them!)
This is Elephant Head flower. If you look closely you can see the flowers resemble tiny elephant heads:
Erik in front of Lower Carp Lake:
Pretty Beargrass along the trail:Upper Black Bear Meadow:

View from Warren Pass:Well, that's it for the pics. Erik said he had a good time but he would have rather been hiking with me! Awwww! The next post highlights one of our visitors! Check it out.

No comments: