Friday, January 18, 2008

Fall 2007


Thanks to all of you who replied to my email and said you missed hearing what was going on out here! It's nice to know that some of you are reading this blog and I'm not just posting for myself! Ha! ;-) Thought I do an update today with some pictures from our fall to "catch up" after my terrible lack of posting!
Here's a picture of me on Carlton ridge (approx 8,000 ft). I hiked up there on day with my friend Jennifer and her boys. It was cold and snowing and I have on all the clothes I had with me! (I think I look a little tubby, but then I have to remind myself that I have a puffy vest on under that fleece!) It was fun and the peak you see in the background is Lolo Peak. We have plans to hike to the top this coming year.

Erik's Sunt Ginger and sister Monika visited us that last week of October. We went to Garnet Ghost Town, Phillipsburg (a sapphire mining town), Lolo Pass and all over Missoula. Here's a few pics:

Monika and Ginger at Garnet Ghost town:

The three of us in the Sapphire Gallery trying to find sapphires in a pile of rocks. We actually found about 7-8 karats, most too small to do anything with but a couple that will be .5-1 karat once proccessed. These were for Ginger who's b-day is in September, the sapphire month!

And here's a good picture of the four of us.
Novemeber we mostly stuck around the house, I don't have any real "advernturous" pictures from that month. The week before Thanksgiving we got pounded with snow! About a foot fell and us skiers were really excited until it ALL melted in one day about two weeks later! Green grass showing and everything! Well, it has come back and melted several times since then! Thank goodness the mountains keep the snow so we've been able to ski. Here's just a couple pictures of that beautiful first snow.
The road to our house:
The trail near our house:
Rattlesnake creek:

So that was our fall in a small nutshell! This weekend we are headed to West Yellowstone to do some cross-country skiing. I guess it's the bset place in the west. We're excited. Hopefully we'll get to see some geyser's in the winter and maybe an animal ot two!

Untill next week.........

No comments: