Monday, January 21, 2008

Snowshoeing

I forgot I wanted to share a couple pictures of my first snowshoeing experience. Erik had gone once before with some friends from church. We went again with the same friends on Jan 13th and had a blast! It was really fun and there is no learning curve you just walk. I suppose for a real novice to winter fun you'd need some coaching on what to wear. We just wore our snow pants and layers on the top. We don't have gaiters yet so we wore tall boots and my snowpants were long enough to keep out any snow.
I just have a couple pics of Erik because I was holding the camera (as usual) and the one pic of me has our friend in it and I want to ask before I post her pic. We don't have photo shop to be able to blur her face either. Ahh, one of these days.
So here's a couple of Erik:

Oops! nice fall!The trail, does it get any better than this!We saw tons of huge moose tracks in the snow and even some areas where they had bedded down! After coming back down I thought of a good picture, have me or Erik lay or sit in one of the BIG places where you could tell the moose had laid down and then take a pic. Wish I would have thought of that earlier! Duh!!

No comments: